About Me

My photo
I am a food enthousiast. I collect cookbooks and treasure "hand-me-down" recipes. While being concerned with a food budget and my family's health, I have decided to try and add recipes to our meal calendar. This blog is a journal of my great findings, my culinary treasures and the complete kitchen failures that have to happen from time to time.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

My chicken noodle soup with fusilli



A timeless classic! Yet, lets not kid ourselves, most of us don't run to our cookbook when we want to use up our leftover chicken in this heart-warming soup. I have decided to put this up simply because everyone needs a starting point when they begin their cooking adventure. This is my very own soup, and I think is a good base for every new amateur cook to start with and build-up on.


Ingredients

1 tbls olive oil or butter
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 carrot, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried savory
1 bay leaf
8 cups chicken broth
1 to 2 cups of uncooked pasta, I prefer fusilli


1. On medium heat, heat the oil in your favourite pot. Add the leek, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently now and then.

2. Add the cooked chicken, the stock as well as the herbs. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, partially cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.

3. Add the uncooked noodles and let simmer until cooked

4. Serve. Pass the salt and pepper at the dinner table.





No comments:

Post a Comment