About Me

My photo
I am a food enthousiast. I collect cookbooks and treasure "hand-me-down" recipes. While being concerned with a food budget and my family's health, I have decided to try and add recipes to our meal calendar. This blog is a journal of my great findings, my culinary treasures and the complete kitchen failures that have to happen from time to time.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Berry Bread Pudding



I love the idea of bread pudding: using an item that you thought was past in prime and transforming it into a nice dessert. I have to say that sometimes, I find bread pudding a bit on the soggy side of things. This recipe is not. The secret is very small bread pieces and the lack of milk. No milk and no eggs, it is quite cheap to make.


Ingredients

3/4 cup of butter or margarine
4 cups of diced bread, 1/2 inch dices
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups of fresh or frozen berries of your choice
2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar, well packed.


1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. Melt your butter or margarine. Put your bread chunks in a large bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon. Add the melted butter. Mix gently and make sure your bread is completely coated with butter.

3. In a medium bowl, mix your berries, lemon juice and the brown sugar.

4. In a greased 7 by 11 inch dish, Add half the bread mix and top with half of the berry mix. Repeat this step.

5. Plop in the oven for 25 minutes. Eat either warm or room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment